If I could go back

If I could go back

When I first came to college, I was scared, intimidated and had no idea what to expect. The only thing that I was sure of was what I wanted to be when I graduate. I had my mind set on one major and planned my path after graduation. I thought that changing what you wanted to be meant that you were not sure of how you want your life to turn out and that it was an indication that someone is an undetermined person. I was sure that I will not be that kind of person and that I was going to change my mind what so ever. Little did I know that college was all about exploring who you are as a person and what you like. During the first semester, I still held onto the major that I was thinking about from the beginning tightly. I saw people change their intended majors all over campus and HSSP and thought that I would never do that. I was scared to change my mind. I was scared from being unsure. It took me the whole first semester and the beginning of the second to realize that keeping an open mind and exploring other areas is one of the most important things in college. I slowly started to be a little loose on my major and started to explore and research other areas that I was interested in. I realized that the world is a big place and it has many different aspects that are interesting and are worth exploring. So, if I could go back to the beginning of my freshman year, I would tell myself that it is okay to keep an open mind in the beginning of college and to be unsure because that is how I will find what I am truly interested in and not just any major that does not fit me well.