The End?

The End?

College was my biggest challenge this year. I suppose I can say I overcame freshman year but I still have a few exams left so its not really over yet. I’m still alive so I guess that counts for something considering how many times I really thought I wasn’t going to make it through this year.

Honestly, I don’t know what I would tell my past self. I don’t even know what to tell myself now. I guess I would say that its ok to take care of myself. It’s ok to be selfish and take time for myself to make sure I am ok. Its ok to be who I am and not who people think I am.
People love to say that college is where you find who you are but they don’t tell you how much time you spend being lost, being who you are not. I think the most important thing I would tell myself its that college is going to be extremely hard, probably the hardest thing I’ve ever encountered. But, there will be a lot of fun, happy moments and it is imperative to survival to enjoy every second of those moments. There will be a lot of times that I consider dropping out but my value and my worth is not in that essay or that exam so its nothing to lose all hope over.

The most important thing I learned is that its ok to ask for help. Because sometimes, “you think you want to die, but really you just want to be saved.” Many people have helped save me this year so its not even close to being the end for me. Its only the beginning.