It’s been real, umich

It’s been real, umich

I remember getting ready to come to college and everybody saying, “You’re going to change so much during your first year of college.” And I remember buying into that, and anticipating the changes that would happen to me over the next 8 months. Well, sike, they were all lying. You’re gonna come to college, you’re gonna meet some friends and go to class and eat food and generally do all of the same things you did in high school. So don’t get your hopes up, because college is basically high school but now you have to call your dad rather than go down to the office and talk to him. But despite the fact that, overall, life isn’t that much different, there are a few things I think you should know.

1. Get ready to not be the top of your class anymore. And get ready to be ok with that. You don’t need to be number 1 to be successful and go on to grad school.
  2. Speaking of grad school, drop the surgeon plan, that’s just flat out a bad idea and solely based on Grey’s Anatomy.
  3. Eat less cereal and more fruit.
  4. Come out of the closet, it’s a good time.
  5. Don’t walk through the Arb at night with Dilara and Daniel. It’ll do bad things for your heart rate.
  6. Appreciate every second you spend here at college, even when you’re considering transferring because this place can be terrifying. You only get to experience it once.
  7. Take care of yourself. Love yourself. Be happy with yourself.

It’s been real umich.