Back to the Beginning

Back to the Beginning

Looking back on my freshman year, I can truly say that it was a solid start to my college career. Was it the best? Absolutely not. There were a couple of things that I would do differently to enhance my academics and just my overall experience. Starting with academics, there were so many times when I could have gotten a better grade on a paper, quiz, or exam. In high school, I really didn’t have to study to earn an A; but in college, that is a totally different ball game. You have to really put in hard work to earn an A in college. And I just wish that coming to college I had the discipline to earn a higher grade on a paper, quiz, or exam. Although I did not do horrible in my classes, I just feel like I could have done more. I could’ve spent more time in the library, rather than taking a nap every time I had free time. Classes that I could have earned an A in, were missed opportunities because I lacked strong discipline.

Another thing I would do differently is started to exercise more. I played volleyball for 6 years, and I stopped when I came to college. I was already getting my exercise in when I practiced two-three days out of the week, and then tournaments on the weekend. Now that I am in college, and I am not playing a sport, I needed to find some way of exercising. My stamina was super low causing me to be tired all the time. My eating habits were not the best either. Luckily I adjusted this issue at the start of winter term. I bought an unlimited groupX pass at the CCRB, and I started to  regularly attend the workout sessions they provided. I also started to eat healthier snacks, and stop ordering out as much. As a result, I felt a lot better, and I was taking less naps. I think if I would have realized that my eating habits and stamina were affecting my academics early on, then I would have done a lot better!

Like I said, I didn’t have a terrible first year. It can only go up from here because this is just the beginning.