End Of The Year!

End Of The Year!

Now that I have completed my first year of college, I can say that I have learned a lot about myself, but I can also say that I am extremely proud of the accomplishments I have gained. I’ve learned that it is perfectly fine┬áto change your mind and change it again and again. I came to college with a specific mindset and at first I was very distort with the thought of that idea changing; however, now that I have reached the end of the year, I now know that that change will be for the better and I will be much happier in the end. I made friends that I know I will be around for a long time while also learning the meaning of loyalty and friendship.

If I could talk to myself at the beginning of the year, I would simply say be patient. I would say this because in the beginning I was quick to find answers and didn’t allow the answers to find me and that caused a lot of stress that I encounter. The last thing I would also tell myself is that saying No is much easier than saying Yes. Overall, I wouldn’t change my first year for the world!

One thought on “End Of The Year!

1. My challenge for this academic year would be my procrastination. In the beginning of the school year, it was really bad. So bad that I was not doing well in assignments and also not in classes. I realized I had to make a change after the first semester so that my winter semester would not end up the same way. Through high school I was able to procrastinate because the work was not the challenging. I was able to grow out of this with the help of my friends, family, and teachers. To get rid of old habits and not think that college is like high school: this is what I would tell myself in the beginning of my freshman year. I would tell myself to listen and to pay attention, and not think that I know it all.