My Challenge This Academic Year

My Challenge This Academic Year

The biggest challenge that I encountered this academic year was learning to accept failure. I’m sure many of us have heard this before, but in high school I always did well. Thus, I expected to continue doing the same for the most part, but there were several times this year when I experienced personal failure when I didn’t meet my own set goals for grades. At first, I treated this occurrence as something that was not happening because I was in a state of denial but after a couple more grades didn’t meet my expectations I knew I couldn’t ignore that I wasn’t doing well. Knowing that my grades weren’t doing the best, I started to question if I was right for this school, which made me feel like crap. I didn’t love going to class early in the semester but during this disappointing time for me, I totally hated going to class because the idea of going to class would just make me think of failing to meet my expectations. Eventually though, I learned to accept that I’m not perfect and that what I do is enough. Learning from my failures must now be my strategy so that I can follow through with the long term goals I’ve set.

I personally was helped by my family and friends to help get to that point of acceptance of failure. Anyone ever help you reach that point of acceptance of a problem?