Learning How to UMich

Learning How to UMich

If I could go back to the beginning of the semester I would tell myself that it is in no way going to be easy like high school. I would tell myself to not be cocky, I may even tell myself to not be confident – because that is what messed me up. I did not realize that studying the night before the exam was not going to cut it because even studying a week before the exam will not cut it. I would tell myself that I should sit down everyday for at least an hour and REVIEW what I was taught. Both semesters of my first year I went in thinking “wow this is super easy” which was a terrible, horrible, disastrous misconception. All of the sudden the semester would grab ahold of me and I would already be too far in my relaxed state of mind to catch back up. I ruined my GPA this year, I need to own that. It was not because I lived my life too socially or went out all the time or binge watched shows on netflix. It was because I was cocky. I thought that I did not need to put as much in, but I did. Next year I will be better, but now I have to live with the scar on my transcript called my freshman year.