End of Year Reflection

End of Year Reflection

If I could talk to my new freshman self, I would tell myself to stress less about the future and live more “in the moment”. I feel like I spent so much time worrying about my next orgo exam or planning my life schedule that I enjoyed myself less and did not realize what great times I was having. While I think it is important to plan ahead and be responsible, I would want to tell myself to remember that it will all work out in the end. Not everything is in my control, so I should just focus on doing what I can to be successful and relax. I would tell myself to stay open minded and not stick to a single plan, but to take life day by day. Also, I would also give myself a planner because sometimes I would be unorganized and completely forget assignments because I had nothing to remind me. I would miss points on little assignments and grades that I could control because of my lack of organization. Lastly, I would tell myself to embrace all of the new experiences I would have and people I would meet. I met people from all different backgrounds and tried things I had never thought of. I wish I could tell myself to do this even more, because at times I got caught up in school work and locked myself in the CLC instead of exploring other aspects of the university. Overall, it was an amazing year, and I don’t think I could have prepared my first semester freshman self for all I would experience with a few wise words. Only by going through the year and making mistakes could I have learned what I have.