Dear Freshman Me

Dear Freshman Me

If I could travel back to the beginning of my freshman year, I would tell myself that college is a lot harder than high school but it is not impossible. I would tell myself that I am a lot more capable than I thought if I push myself. I would also tell myself to take everyone’s advice with a little grain of salt. Only you know what is good for you. It’s nice to hear from other people’s perspectives but that’s the thing, it is their perspective and not yours. Everyone in the beginning of this year told me it would be ridiculously hard to take CHEM 210/211 with BIO 172 in my first semester. They were right but it was a much needed reality check to see what I can actually do if I went in to U of M with the goal of challenging myself.

I would also tell myself that things will work out. The stress is terrible throughout school but things have a nifty little way of working out. Stress about what you can control. Don’t stress about things you can’t. You’ll feel a lot better and stay a lot healthier.