End of Year Reflection

End of Year Reflection

If I could go back to the beginning of the year, I’d tell myself that everything will work out in the end, but I’d also give myself some tips.  I would prioritize my time better when studying for exams, and study for shorter periods of time and take more breaks.  I learned the hard way that things stick better in my head when I study in small chunks than when I try to cram for six straight hours before a test.  I would also devote more time to classes I assumed would be easy.  I have received some poor grades in classes that I should have done better in because I did not devote enough time to them.  But most of all, I’d tell myself to have more fun and do more things that weren’t related to class.  I ended up burning myself out during first semester (which I also think is why I ended up with mono), and my grades do not reflect the effort that I put into my classes.  Wearing myself out wasn’t worth it.  Next semester, now that I have a better idea of how to prepare for my classes, I’m going to manage my time better, and hopefully I will be more satisfied with the results I produce in the future.