This was quite the year. Although it seems like assignments and exams drag on, the year itself flew by. I still feel like I was just in the Diag, exploring campus at Artscapade and trying to figure out where I would fit in at college. Now here I am, at the end of my freshman year, and it seems like it lasted barely a month.
With that being said, I have certainly encountered a few (a lot) of challenges. Of those, one sticks out: Make an effort to take care of yourself. This was definitely one of the greatest challenges I faced. I had to learn the hard way that if you do not take care of yourself, there is no way you can take care of school and perform well. So I have come up with 5 major points that I will keep with me for the rest of my academic career.
- When given the chance, pet every animal you come across.
- Studies have shown that they reduce stress
- Visit home to see your own animals
- Pet every animal that walks past you on campus
- Do not eliminate “you” time.
- Watch Netflix
- Get into bed sometimes
- Do the small things that make you happy
- Take care of your body and mind
- Start the day with a healthy breakfast
- Eat those 6 mojo cookies if they will make you feel better about your upcoming exam
- Your friends are your support system.
- Let them know about your classes and days
- Plan relaxing outings (or innings)
- Even if it takes time, you will find people you connect with
- Love yourself.
- Love yourself a lot
- Love yourself some more
- Love yourself the most
It was a crazy year, but it was one for the books and I would not change a thing (except for my General Chemistry grade).