Collegiate Recovery Program

Collegiate Recovery Program

Personally, I was very surprised at this panel because I knew almost none of the logistics behind the rehab and recovery of drug abuse.  I learned so much in this panel and it was extremely interesting to hear the personal stories of some of these people.  Hearing their pasts and thinking about how they turned their lives around through this program made me realize how important recovery is for the well-being of these people.  This is the first step to take as a future health professional to understand and be aware of the people in need of recovery programs.  I feel like the addiction and recovery programs are highly neglected in the health profession and the education of this.  Even Adam said he had so much to learn about this subject.  The reason it is important to educate students on this is because of the growing opioid epidemic in America and the world so more and more people need to invest their time into recovery programs.  After hearing this panel, I have a different perspective on people in recovery programs.  I have a new respect for them as well because I can see that people who could be in the worst shape of their life can turn around their lives completely.  Considering this, has your perspective on people in recovery changed from this panel?  What kinds of things did you learn from this panel that you think is important for future health professionals to know?