“Onward Ho!”

“Onward Ho!”

This semester really taught me how to have an open opinion and how to remember that nothing is set in stone. A lot of what I had previously believed and thought about health care and different majors was definitely tested, but it overall helped me grow to start off college. I thought that you had to major in a science in order to get into med school and I thought the only way to help people was through being a doctor. I was exposed to health disparities, the falsehood of those myths and even the field of Public Health. Now I am heavily considering those paths I am really excited to know that there is more hope than I thought there was. I also was really pleasantly surprised to learn about Holistic review. I was able to gain new perspective that I think a lot of my premed friends who are not in HSSP haven’t got the opportunity to learn yet. I am really proud of myself for expanding my view point and also for heavily considering backup degrees.

Next semester I want to work on honing in and not only doing my best to get the observations I want, but to also be more timely. I need to take more time to make sure that I am scheduling when I need to get things done instead of procrastinating. I also want to have more faith in myself and knowing that I can achieve. When I opened the letter I had thought of how much of a different place I was at and looking at how things have changed. There are friends I no longer call friends and classes that I am actually doing well in that I didn’t think I would. I need to have more confidence in my academics in order to push on next semester.