Just the Beginning of Something Great

Just the Beginning of Something Great

Over the course of my first semester at Michigan, I have grown so much more than I could have ever imagined. I went to my interviews and nailed them, got a job and a promotion at work within just a few months. I successfully introduced myself to the head of the Athletic Training program and received permission to take those courses. What I’m most proud of, is coming into an entirely new environment and being able to integrate well, make lots of great friends, and being part of a school that creates such an incredible and friendly atmosphere. Next semester the workload for me is going to be much heavier and I’m going to have more shifts at work due to being a coordinator, but I’m actually excited to be challenged! One of the reasons I love it here so much is that I’m pushed to work hard and take charge of my life, something that is going to seriously benefit me down the road. I’m going to enjoy my winter break, but I’ll also be preparing to tackle this next semester head on. Upon reading my letter, the one thing that stuck out to me was the fact that I had not made and really good friends yet and I was anxious about what the future held for me socially. Now I look at the friend group in front of me, all the memories we’ve already made, and knowing that these are going to be the friendships that last a lifetime. Overall, I have to say that this has been a pretty fantastic semester, and I’m looking forward to many more ahead of me!