End of the Semester Reflection

End of the Semester Reflection

Before coming to school, I had no idea what college would be like.  Therefore, I didn’t have many expectations of how things would go.  In my letter, I expressed that I was scared for the future simply because I had no idea what was coming for me.  I knew classes would be hard, but I didn’t know just how hard they would be.  I knew there would be times where I was stressed, but I didn’t know if I’d be able to handle that well.  I knew that I would be around other people almost all hours of the day, but I didn’t know that sometimes I would feel lonely.

On a professional level, I wrote that one of my goal’s for this year is to be more confident in myself and my abilities.  Growing up, I struggled with self-confidence issues.  Coming into college, I wanted to overcome these struggles once and for all.  I think that I have made great progress in this goal.  This progress was shown in my reaction to my second general chemistry exam.  I did not do very well on it, and although some of my classmates did slightly better, I never questioned my intelligence.  I am confident that I am smart enough to be here, and do not let the accomplishments of others make me feel like I am not good enough.  I am proud of this, because it is so important to believe in yourself whenever you’re doing something that is important to you.

On a personal level, I wrote in my letter that I didn’t want to be afraid of what other people thought about me and wanted to make friends by being myself.  HSSP has really allowed me to do this — I always feel like I’m loved and accepted.