Being a Better Me

Being a Better Me

Surviving my first semester at the University of Michigan has been a rollarcoaster, but I feel that it has truly built me into a stronger person and a better student. The rigor here is significant and that has a real impact on me at the beginning, but it quickly made me more resilient. I learned new study habits and what it really takes to be successful here. Professionally, I have been profoundly reassured by my observation opportunities. Being around Pediatricians solidified my ultimate goal of becoming one myself. Working with both Dr. Hornyak and Dr. VanRiper were amazing experiences and I found myself being completely happy every second I was observing; always leaving with a phone call to my mom saying, “I WANT TO BE A PEDIATRICIAN”.

In my letter to myself I wrote about the importance of time management and that I had a goal to stop procrastinating. I think that living at school really pushed me to be better about procrastinating less, but it is still something I could definitely get better at. I also wrote about being a more well-rounded person by exercising often and having a blooming social life. In retrospect I find it a little funny that I thought I would have this large amount of free time. Next semester I hope to be able to balance school and the rest of my life a little better, so I can actually find time to work out and spend more time with friends.