End of Term Reflection

End of Term Reflection

When I first moved into the University of Michigan, I was super very and extremely nervous. I am the first child in my family to attend college in America so I had no idea what to expect and how to go about doing college things. After one semester here, I am very proud of myself on how I have been doing.

Professionally, one of my biggest worries was time management and balancing, however, after a little while I learned how to manage my time and be successful at it. I was worried about taking organic chemistry as a freshman and not doing well so I put in a lot of work and effort into the class which has been paying off. This class definitely taught me that hard work is key in college and I should take responsibility for my own learning, unlike high school where the teachers hold our hands in every step we do.

Personally, one of the things that I mentioned in my letter was being worried about not finding people to connect with and become friends. I am thankful to say that I have found a wonderful group of friends who have made my first semester of college full of great and fun memories that I will always cherish. I also feel like I have grown as a person. I became much more independent and aware of my values and who I want to surround myself in. I also developed new study habits that will most likely stay with throughout the rest of my college years. I am also very happy with the community that I chose to belong in. I was very nervous about it in the beginning but HSSP is now my family and I am very thankful that I am part of this wonderful community.