End of Semester Reflection

End of Semester Reflection

Starting the first semester, I really did not know what to expect from UC 105, I did not understand how the class moved just yet, but as the time went by, I definitely started to be more engaged with the lectures. There are definitely hits and misses when it comes to the lectures. There are times when I am absolutely engaged and came prepared to class, and there are times when I am just going with the flow, but I am not as interested as I would like to be.

These are the following lectures I enjoyed and was very engaged in: On purpose, Global Health, Health Disparities & Unconscious Bias, Queerly Unequal: An Interdisciplinary Introduction to LGBTQ, and Pre-Health Myths and Change Panel. The rest I honestly blanked out on.

Reading the letter to myself, I realized how a lot of things went the way I planned and a lot of the things I completely failed at making happen as well. I definitely need to stay focus more often, and I am going to start doing that by not bringing my phone to class, and I will also try to be less tired in class even though it really is out of my control, but I did notice that if I took a nap before class started, I am more focused and engaged with the lecture. I am going to work on making my blog post even more engaging and putting more efforts in my comments and actually understanding the lectures more in depth. Other than that, I do appreciate this class. I have learned a lot about the health care that I did not know before, and I am thankful for that. I can’t wait to see what’s coming for the next semester!