End of term Reflection

End of term Reflection

Overall, I think it is uncanny to say anyone in this class hasn’t changed personally and professionally at least somewhat.  For me, I have been exposed to a lot more than I thought possible in terms of the health care world.  I didn’t realize how many people and opportunities there are in health care- not just doctors, nurses, and PAs.  Personally, I think I have really been opened up to the idea that there are so many opportunities for me that I may not even know exist yet.  I learned that I need to be patient with my life decisions in that I don’t need to worry about not having every step of the way figured out right now.  The professional autobiographies showed me the multitude of paths people have taken to get to work in the healthcare world- and all of them had different backgrounds, and means of getting to where they are today.  I am most proud of everything I have learned this year- not just in HSSP but in my first semester in general.  I can honestly look back on the semester and say that I have grow intellectually, and gained experiences that will help me build and grow as a person.  I can also be proud of all the specific things I have learned in each of my classes which means I am going in the right direction.  Something I want to work to improve next semester is improving my relationships with some of my teacher and GSIs.  The first semester made it difficult for me to properly introduce myself and get to know some of them because I felt so caught up in all the new activities in college that I didn’t ever seem to know a good time to do so.  In the letter to myself at the beginning of the year, I told myself I was going to be organized and ensure I stay on top of my priorities.  For the most part, I have maintained this promise to myself which is pleasing to look back on and see.  I can say with honesty an pride that I am satisfied with how my first semester has gone and there isn’t much I regret or would change too much.  Of course, there is always room for improvement but it takes making mistakes to learn from them and grow as a person.