Week 8 – Death, Dying, Religion & Spirituality

I understand that death can come at any moment whether we our at terms with it or not. Therefore, when I die I don’t have to be known by a numerous amount of people I may never meet, but rather I want to be known as a joyous person to the people I spend the most ┬átime with. I want my life impacts on those who mean the most to me. I believe once a person determine who they are truly meant to be and fully understand their purpose in this world they can decide what they want their legacy to be. So as I continue to grow and my values continue to expand, I will truly be able to articulate what I want my legacy to be.

However, until then, I want people to know that I was an adventurous person that loved to laugh and was searching for her real purpose in the world and once I figure it out I will embody it to the best of my ability. I want to die knowing that I was someone I would want to look up to.

One thought on “Week 8 – Death, Dying, Religion & Spirituality

1. You mention “once a person […] fully understand[s] their purpose in this world they can decide what they want their legacy to be”. I agree with you, and I also think that’s the hardest part. For most of us first years, we still haven’t found our true purpose. The easy answer is make a positive impact on the surrounding community, but that is vague. It’s how one makes these impacts that define their purpose. Finding what this “how” is could take years to discover. Only then will one be able to define what they want their legacy to be.