Week 1 — On Purpose

Week 1 — On Purpose

1. What do you think your purpose is? How will you find it if you don’t know? How will you maintain or change it if you do know?
    1. My encompassing purpose in life — while somewhat abstract — is to be content and satisfied. I do not want to ever feel that I could have done more, but I want to work as hard as I can. I think as I continue to grow wiser, I will find a more definite purpose. While I do not know my purpose exactly, my goal currently is to do well in my courses, exams, and activities so that I will be able to attend medical school.
  2. What excuses do you use in your life? How can you combat against these excuses and continue to push forward toward your passion?
    1. My continued excuses is revolved around my own self-esteem/self-doubt. I believe myself to be “not good enough.” That is, not smart enough, not pretty enough, not talented enough that I cannot achieve what I aim to do. It continues to hold me back and it impedes me from success. I quit piano, I stopped all sports I tried in my youth because I was “not good.” To combat this way of thinking, I remind myself that not everyone is perfect on the first try and that I should continue to work hard to achieve what my goal is.
  3. What do you think Larry means when he finishes his talk with the word “unless?”
    1. I think that Larry means that we are our own barriers, that nothing is holding ourselves back but our own insecurities. We can continue to have all these goals, but they are meaningless of we use the excuse “unless.” To achieve success, we have to overcome ourselves first.

Now for a question for all of you guys: what is your plan to achieve your “purpose” in life. If you do not know what your purpose is, what is your plan to achieve your next goal?

33 thoughts on “Week 1 — On Purpose

1. Sarah, thank you for your discussion of this topic. In all respect, I am fascinated at learning more about your purpose, namely being content and satisfied. I understand that while it is abstract in nature, as you have straightforwardly described, I would hesitate to assert that it lacks concrete implications in your life. At what point can one actually feel utmost satisfaction and joy in self-accomplishment and can this vary due to altering circumstances and experiences? Also, if at any point certainly success or accomplishments are not procured, has the purpose of one’s existence been compromised due to relative events?

2. I can totally relate to what you are saying about “not being good enough” and that struggle of always trying to be our absolute best. I think everybody wants to do their best and we strive to do so, but as we grow, we realize that nobody is perfect like you said. Also, when we fail or when we make mistakes, that’s a normal part of life, and we grow even more from those failures than from our successes! Now to the question you posed, I feel that to achieve my “purpose” in life, I cannot be afraid to take a step into the unknown, I cannot make excuses to hold myself back from new and sometimes scary experiences. My purpose to be the best version on myself that I can be, to my friends, to my family, and to myself as well! I want to live life to the fullest and not look back one day and think, “why didn’t I do that?” or “I wish I would have taken a that chance”. At the end of the day, the only person who holds you back from something is yourself, so believing in myself and taking that step into the great unknown is going to drive me to achieve my purpose in life.

3. I have one purpose in life. My purpose is to be happy at the end of my time; whether it having my dream job, a family, or just a lot of money. I finally realized that my path is the pursuit of happiness. My plan to achieve this is just to do the best I can at anything I do do. This way I can never say the words “I wish” and never have any regrets. In order to achieve this it may include getting closer to my religion, giving back to the less fortunate, and doing many other good deeds. In response to your blog, I do agree with majority of what you wrote. There are setbacks and excuses to keep one from completing there purpose; however, setbacks and excuses are part of life and we can’t really avoid them completely, but rather minimize them as much as can. In your response to what Larry means with the word “useless,” I completely agree with you said. The only things that can hold someone back are their own barriers. To end my blog, I will leave you all with lyrics from Michael Jackson: “if you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself, and then make a change.”

4. Being content and satisfied in life is more of a desire which I believe everyone cares for. This state, I believe, could be achieved through the actions that you take based on your purpose in life. My purpose in life is to be a role model for my family, friends and community. To bring change in this world, whether it be big or small, leaving it better than when I came. To make people conscious of the fact that anything is possible, even when everything and everyone believes it isn’t. Similar to you, my excuses result to the mentality that I can’t do it. This just leads me to give up instead of persisting. One example is learning to play the guitar which I found really difficult so I just gave up. I love what you said about not being perfect and we need to accept that fact. So the next time we are faced with a situation were we can either give up or keep moving on we must remind ourselves that anything is possible when we put our mind to it.

5. My plan to achieve my purpose in life is to explore new things, and find what I am most passionate about. I am not 100% sure on what my purpose in life is, but I think it will be an incredible journey to find out. I will keep an open mind, and allow myself to grow.

6. I find your response to the first question to be very relatable. I feel as if most college students don’t really know what we’re doing all of the time. This may sound bad, but it can also be a beautiful thing. We’re all lost together. Although we may not know our purpose now, we have these four years (and the rest of our lives) to figure out what that purpose is. We are all now in an environment to learn more than we’ve ever been able to before. This isn’t even strictly referring to academic work. I believe the new people we meet and experiences we will have will guide all of us towards a new understanding of ourselves, a new understanding of others, and closer to our purpose.
    In response to your question, I know I can lead a meaningful life even though I definitely do not know my purpose yet. I am a firm believer that everyone you meet can teach you something new. I am progressing on my track of finding my purpose by trying to learn new things about the people I meet. This may seem simple, but to me it means more than just simple surface-level conversations with acquaintances. As I get to know my new friends here at Michigan I try to keep an open mind to learn about all of the experiences they’ve had that I am unfamiliar with. Through the people I meet I can learn more, and I can use this knowledge to find my purpose.

7. Not every person was born knowing what they like and want to do. In other words, some people do not know their purposes until something happens and wakes them up to become more determined and persistent. I am probably one of these people. Without knowing my purpose, my goal right now is just to live my life to its fullest and never stop trying new things. I always believe that the best way to understand something unknown is to be open-minded and explore as much as you can. The word “explore” involves with many different aspects. It could be participating in new activities, making new friends, or even just trying types of food that you have never had before. It could also be taking different courses which will widen your vision of career choice. That is why I think college is a great place for those like me who have not found their purposes yet to start exploring. It is a complete new chapter of our life, and I would like to utilize this opportunity as much as possible to explore new things, to deepen my understanding of the world, and to become a better person. Finding purpose is crucial to our life, just like Larry said, you might still fail even if you find your passion, but if you never try, there is not way you will have a great career.

8. I can definitely relate to self-doubt and not feeling like you’re enough. I always had this vision of who I should be when I was in high school. I was really hard on myself because I never was that person and that held me back in a lot of situations. I think to fully reach your potential, you have to understand and fully accept who you are. That is the only way to not only find your true passions, but also to pursue them. In regards to your question, I don’t think anyone really has a “plan” to pursue your purpose in life, especially because we don’t exactly know what we want to become yet! I think life is a long journey that reveals itself as we go, kind of like a puzzle. In the end, all the pieces will fit together and everything will work out.

9. I agree with your first point. As cheesy as it sounds, when people ask me what my purpose is or what I want to be when I am older, the first thing that comes to my mind is that I want to be happy. I can relate to you saying you want to be satisfied. I think while we are in college, we will learn more about ourselves and the world around us and from that, we can build a real purpose.

Again, that is another relatable view you hold. The thing that I always have to say is that as a human being in a social environment, you only ever see/hear about people’s “highlight tapes” in life. While you may have the exact same “highlights,” you have the unique view on your pitfalls and failures as well. I just find that reminding myself to not compare people’s highlight tapes to my entire life can put a damper on the insecure feelings and self-doubt I may have.

Larry’s use of ending his talk with the single word of “unless” is something powerful. To expand on your point that we are our own barriers, I think that he couldn’t have said anything more because we are all so unique with what is holding us back. The thing that is holding us back is personal and something that we must fill in for ourselves. We can’t have Larry do that for us.

My plan to achieve my next goal involves a lot of hard work but outside of that, I plan on remaining confident regardless. I plan on remaining confident in my studies and my social life. I plan on staying confident in every decision I make to help me achieve my goal when I don’t know what will work or what won’t yet either.

10. I completely agree with your purpose in life. I too think that it is very important to be content and happy. I really do believe in working hard because I don’t want to have any regrets looking back. I’m not yet sure what field that I want to go into, but I’m hoping that I will be able to discover my path over the course of the next few years.

My excuses are very close. I’m always pretty hard on myself and never think that I’m doing well enough. I regret quitting the piano and sports because of thinking that I wasn’t very good. Everyone has to start somewhere and you can’t just be amazing right away. You have to work to achieve your goals and never give up.

I also agree that Larry is saying that we are just holding ourselves back. We all have great goals, but we cannot achieve them if we make excuses for everything. We just have to do it. Don’t let your dreams be dreams. Just do it.

11. I completely agree with you because college is a time for exploration and understanding. We’re not supposed to completely know what we want and our purpose, but that’s okay. Satisfaction with what we have accomplished and working towards our goals is an excellent path towards finding purpose. As for me, I’m still trying to understand my passions, and like you, I want to pursue a career in the medical field. Excuses are easy to make; I do it all the time with everything, from putting off homework or squeezing that 30 minute work out. We can’t always reach our expectations, but as we continue to work on ourselves and accept that there are always difficulties in life, we will find our purpose. I’m working on trying to remind myself that trying my best is far better than being perfect without effort. I sometimes let my insecurities get the best of me, but everyone falls down every once in awhile. The important thing is to have support and to pick ourselves back up. My goals are not clearly defined quite yet, but my general sense is to find success in the pursuit of my passions as a medical professional.

12. I agree with your purpose. I think that in order to do anything else, you need to take care of your own self. I also agree that as you age, you will discover your purpose. To find your purpose, you have to explore and discover and it might take a lot of time to do that. I think that your goals to be successful are good and that it applies to many people even if what they define as successful might be different.
    You are not alone in doubting yourself. Putting yourself down before you’re even allowed a chance to start is a difficult habit to break because it’s so easy to think about the negatives. I think your advice that you might not be perfect the first time should be remembered because a lot of people have potential but they put themselves down before they can grow.
    I also agree that we are our own barriers. Our goals have no purpose if we just come up with an inauthentic excuse. We have to cross this barrier.
    I plan to find my purpose by taking every opportunity that I see. Since I’m not sure what my purpose is, I have to actively find it. You can’t just wait for it to come.

13. I definitely agree with you on purpose. Ultimately I want to be successful and respected in the community as well. But as time goes on I’m sure my purpose will also change. Like you I also tend to blame myself and be critical of my actions. It has hindered me from progressing in numerous situations. Currently my plan to achieve my purpose in life revolves around doing well in school and joining as many pre-med organizations that interest me.

14. I agree with this post, and relate to this post in so many ways. I don’t think many of us have a great grip on what our purpose is yet. We are almost just going with the flow while we’re searching for purpose. In general I try to live by the idea of instead of asking what’s the purpose of life, why don’t we put purpose into life? I also believe that as we grow older we develop a better sense of purpose. The second part of this post applies to a lot of people, including myself. The thought of “I’m not good enough” was one thing that Brene Brown talked about in her book, and her Ted talk on vulnerability. We all have this feeling, the key is knowing how to push it back. The way I battle this feeling of not being good enough is by incorporating what Brene suggested. I push myself to be more vulnerable, and I force myself out of my comfort zone. This has actually helped me a lot so far. I also understand your answer to the last question. I see how what Larry said could’ve meant that only our own insecurities and fears are holding us back. This relates to the video we had to watch, the only thing holding us back from getting a great job is ourselves. To answer the question, I plan on continuing to live by that idea I used earlier in my comment. Instead of asking what the purpose of life is, why don’t we put purpose into our life. I believe by living by this idea I’ll be able to keep purpose in life, and eventually discover my true purpose.

15. Personally I can’t say I have a definite “purpose in life”. Sure, I would like to be successful in academia and in my future career, but I don’t define either of these as my purpose in life. Maybe it is because I have just begun my journey into the real world, and am still relatively inexperienced in life, but as of now I don’t really know what my purpose is. I am curious about how people develop a sense of purpose. Do you just know when you find your purpose in life? How can you be sure when you find that purpose? To me these concepts are still foreign and far off. My furthest goal is to just do well in my classes this semester, and my plan is to just study hard and hope for the best.

16. I agree with your idea of being content and satisfied. I personally want to have a life where I am happy and having fun and I think that is very similar. I think I have many purposes in life but I have not found many of them yet. I believe one of my purposes is to support my autistic sister when my parents no longer can. I am going to find my other purposes by searching for interests and pursuing them aggressively. If they turn out to be more than an interest, and actual my passion, I will turn it into a purpose. I totally thought the same thing when I thought about what excuses I use! I tell myself that I am not smart enough, talented enough, driven enough to live my passion. But I also defiantly tell myself that my human relationships are holding me back from following my purpose but really, I am holding back and I am using others as an excuse. I believe Larry King ends with “unless” to say if you do the opposite of what he stated in his talk you will actually have a great career. I feel the same way. It all depends on you yourself. You are the one that pushes yourself but your also the one that holds yourself back. If you don’t make excuses and aren’t afraid to purpose your passion with 100% of your effort you truly will have a great career.

17. I somehow feel like being content and satisfied are not quite the words I’d use to describe my purpose in life. Rather I want to be happy. I feel like satisfaction is like a step on my ladder to happiness though. I try pursuing my passions and find purpose in everything I do and most of all I try following my heart whenever possible. However, I completely understand the wish to never want to feel like I could’ve done better at any point in my life.
    I’m glad that you found a way around your self-doubt or at least always try to combat it. I feel like it’s something that hinders all of us at some point. My strategy usually is to try and not compare myself to others. Who else am I better at being than myself?
    I don’t really think it’s just our own insecurities holding us back. It’s way more. It’s everyone’s insecurities. If your mom’s afraid or unsure does that affect your choices? I think it would affect mine. I’m my own person but I’m human too, I need the support of others, their affirmation. I think the unless meant overcome them all. Your insecurities and fears, and everyone else’s too.

18. While, like you, I don’t have a definite idea of what my “purpose” in life is, I’m planning on focusing on the present. I plan on acheiving academic success in all of my classes. I also plan on maintaining my relationships with my family and friends as well as forming new ones. These are just my near-future goals, but I know that achieving them will help me shape my long-term purpose in life.

19. Knowing a purpose in life requires a great deal of introspection. In stating so, I can understand that a purpose in life can be abstract and even a bit unknown. Personally, my development is my current purpose. I aspire always to better and understand, whether for myself or others. Knowing who I am is a question that can take a lifetime to answer. Even if I don’t have all of that, I want to be content at the end that I tried change, I tried to establish and aspire to a purpose.
    Excuses are something I have learned are like a drug. They always seem to provide a relief at the moment but in hindsight have impaired you for the rest of your life. For the longest of times, I always made excuses to b=never try new things, to expand my horizons. Coming to college has inspired me to break that trend, no matter how uncomfortable I feel. There is no such thing as the perfect time. It is either time in which you took action or time in which you failed to act. For that, when Laity ended with “unless”, I agree that we are our own barriers. Once we overcome the fears and insecurities that we have established for ourselves, we are free. Until that point, we are bonded by the chains and ropes that we tie ourselves.

20. I have always been a little lost on what my purpose is, or what having a purpose really entails. However, my goal for right now is to work towards finding that purpose. And in order to do that, I have to really get invested in the classes I am taking and figure out what I want to do with my life. I need to ask myself what I can do to make myself happy and give myself a sense of purpose. The best thing that I know I can do is not complain, because complaining will get me nowhere towards my goals. In order to achieve my next goal, I must first figure out what I want, and figure out myself.

21. My purpose in life is to be “incandescently happy.” As humans, it is nature to regret some of the decisions we have made over the years. On the other hand, I do not want to live a life that causes me to wish my life turned out completely different from how it ends up. I value helping people in need and being somebody that people can look up to; therefore, my plan to achieve happiness is to become a doctor and develop a mentoring organization. It is going to be a difficult path because I often think that I may not be good enough for certain things. To counter this, I try to keep a positive perspective and surround myself with people who have the same goals as me. I do not have an ultimate plan to achieve my “purpose” in life because some things are subject to change, but as long as I stick to my values and beliefs, I should be able to achieve my happiness.

22. First of all, I resonate with the fact that your purpose is to generally be content and satisfied in life. I also respect that you recognize that with age and experience comes more of an ability to understand purpose. I personally feel that the overall “purpose” of one’s whole life is beyond a person’s ability to comprehend, so goals and objectives are the way that people break down meaning in their lives, which corresponds to your second leading question. To achieve my purpose in life I plan to diligently work at whatever I prioritize at that point in my life. I know I will change as a person as I grow up so my priorities with change, but if I continue to work hard at whatever I do find important, there isn’t any option besides reaching my goal.

23. I have no clue what my purpose is. I swear I think I find a different purpose for my life every few hours. I believe that people are allowed to have more than one purpose, that is why figuring out what my one specific purpose is seems almost impossible. You can have a different purpose to different people. To have just one purpose doesn’t seem right. I have a purpose in my own life and I have a purpose in the lives around me, yet those may not be the same purposes. I do believe that my purpose in others lives is to serve, but I am not sure how exactly to do that yet. I constantly avoid finding these purposes with doubting myself, just as Sarah said in her post. Self doubt is surly a purpose killer and it can squander any purpose of any person regardless of how in tuned they are with their purpose. To fight against these purpose killing thoughts of self doubt, I have to just keep reminding myself that I am here on this earth for a purpose and it is my duty and my right to figure out what that purpose is. This helps me get a little close to figuring out my purpose but I am still trying to figure everything out. By using the word unless, Larry reminds us that sometimes the only thing holding us back is ourselves. That is very true because I have never talked about purpose with anyone before yet something is holding me back and after listening to Larry I have come to realize that the “something” holding me back is myself and my thoughts. I hope to get a better understanding of my purpose in the near future because I truly believe that once I figure that out, I will be nearly unstable when it comes to achieving my goals

24. I completely understand your purpose in life. I also want the most out of life. I believe that too get the most out of life you have to work your hardest to achieve it. I’m not exactly sure what I want to do, or what I want to be, but I am sure I will figure it out later. I also struggle with self confidence. I work hard in everything I do, but I always assume that there are other people that will be better than me. This has been my excuse to not work as hard as I should. I tell myself that no matter how much work I put in, there will always be others better than me. To combat these ideas I try to just ignore them. I try to block out everyone else and focus on improving myself. By not putting myself into the context of others, I can focus on bettering myself as a person. I agree with what you said on Larry’s use of the word “unless”. He is telling us that to achieve all of our goals we must first overcome ourselves. As of right now, I believe that my current purpose is to go into medicine. Whether it be physical therapy or becoming a doctor, I believe my purpose is in medicine. To achieve this purpose, I plan on improving myself in every facet. I plan on throwing myself into my schoolwork, improving friendships, joining clubs, becoming a more well-rounded person. I want to experience more, do more, be more than I am right now to achieve my goals.

25. I can really relate to you when you say that your main purpose right now is to get the most out of your life. While this purpose does not appear to be as specific as one might expect a purpose to be, this is the best that we as students can come up with at this point. I know that being a good daughter to my parents and being a positive role model for my younger siblings is a part of my purpose in life, but my self-fulfilling purposes are the ones that I’m looking forward to discovering in college and beyond. I think that people find their purposes by keeping an open mind and being willing to try new things. By having this more open perspective on life, I know that I will get closer to finding my true purpose.
    I have also used my self doubt as an excuse in the past, but I try my best not to think that way anymore. I used to look up at people and think “they’re just a better all-around person than me so it makes sense why they can do it but I can’t.” As I’ve grown older I remind myself that nobody is perfect and that I have as good a chance as anyone at accomplishing something. I am also somewhat of a procrastinator, my excuse being that I’ll “do it later.” To combat this, I need to remind myself that it is in my own interest to do things in a punctual manner and that it will help me focus and achieve my goals.
    When Larry says “unless” I think he means that we must change our ways. We need to change the way we think and the way we approach obstacles in order to progress as people and succeed in life.
    To achieve my purpose in life, I am going to do all that I can to maintain my focus. My goal is to attend medical school after I complete my undergraduate education, so I know that I will have to perform well in my classes and learn as much as I can. I am going to be as open as I can throughout this experience and I will embrace all of the new knowledge that I am faced with here.

26. I too, have been tempted to quit activities, thinking, “What is the point of playing this instrument, sport, etc” if there is someone else who can do it better than me? The problem with this mindset is that if everybody quits their passion because they don’t consider themselves “the best” we would have no athletes, musicians, or professionals!
    On another note, I think that your goal to know you did the best you can is a very noble one, and something that should be shared by everyone. It doesn’t feel good to do something half-heartedly, or only put in the minimum effort required, and I strongly relate to this.
    To answer your questions, I think that my next goal is to graduate nursing school and become an RN. To do this, I will work wholeheartedly, not worrying about how I compare to others, or whether I’m “the best,” but rather putting in the effort I feel good about.

27. I completely agree with you when you say that your purpose is to simply do the best that you can at this moment. It’s easy to talk about and dream about the goals we’ve set for ourselves up until this point, but it’s much more difficult to put those ideas into action now that we’re actually at a place that we can do so. Seeing so many people around me pursuing careers and activities that I had never even considered makes me feel that my focus has been so limited that I may be overlooking what could end up being my passion. I’m trying my best to be more open-minded, but until I can more definitively pinpoint what I want to pursue, my purpose is to be the best possible student, daughter, and friend that I can be.
    I can also relate to the feelings of self-doubt in relation to your goals. I’ve always felt like others have a more natural tendency to excel in certain subjects, or like they have a “knack” for things that are difficult for me, but I’m trying to stop using this as an excuse to give up on anything that doesn’t come easily to me.
    When Larry says “unless” I think he means “unless…we do something to fix ourselves.” Unless we can consciously eliminate whats holding us back, we stand no chance of achieving our goals.
    My plan to achieve my purpose is to maintain my focus on my current goal, which is to someday attend medical school, while also keeping an open mind to anything else that interests me.

28. I really do not know what my purpose in life is, but everything in life would be so much easier if I did. If I had to guess I would say that it is to help people. I would say I am overall a people person and that would go hand in hand with my big heart. I have a habit of putting other people’s needs and happiness over my own, which most of the time I find rewarding. My plan to achieve my purpose is to go through med school and help people through being a pediatric surgeon. I think this field of work (if not surgeon, something in pediatrics) is where I would excel the most. Having a fun loving, lighthearted personality would allow me to work well with kids and my passion for helping people would aid me in being a good doctor.

29. I think that my purpose is to try my best to make the most out of my life through hard work and dedication, pay back my parents and family for all the support they have given me, and to aid in the lives of as many people as possible. If one does not know they purpose, he or she will eventually find out as they live their life as it is difficult to continue through everyday life without purpose. On the other hand, those who do know their purpose can effortlessly maintain their purpose if they are content with their lives, but can otherwise change it if a life changing event causes them to think differently about their lives.
    Two excuses that I tend to use frequently are that I am too lazy or that I am able to do it tomorrow. By reminding myself of my purpose and long-term goals, I am able to push through these excuses and make the most out of my life in the present. Although goals can be eventually reached, I tell myself that I will never reach it if I keep delaying my efforts through procrastination.
    Larry could have used the word “unless” to refer to integrating life’s obstacles such as wife and children into one’s career goals. If someone believes that they are achieving a great career through having a great family and helping others, they are already enjoying their lives to the fullest.

30. I think I’m on the same page as you in regards to what our purpose is. As of right now I just want to be in the moment, I’m in Ann Arbor at the University of Michigan and my only purpose here is to do the best that I could do, step out of my comfort zone by trying new things, and seize every opportunity this campus has to offer. I think the more experiences we grow here at the University of Michigan will in the end help us figure out what our lifelong purpose is thats why I think we should all not stress too much about what our purpose is yet and just be in the moment. To answer your question, my ultimate goal is to go to UofM Dental School so my plan is to just build as unique of a resume as I could. I have to try new things, and like I have mentioned earlier, seize every opportunity.

31. To answer the question what is our plan to achieve our purpose in our life I have no clue. However, my next big life goal is to complete my freshmen year of college. From my school not that many people make it in college and mostly drop out. I want to stand out from that trend and become a successful person. So my plan to achieve this goal is to use as many of the resources that are available here on campus to help be succeed. I would like to reflect on your answer to the second question, the one about excuses. I too always felt I was not good enough for many things. I never tried out for the basketball team back in middle school because everyone said I was too big. I always let others comments get to me not do some things that I could have potentially become really good at. I like the way you look at things that not everyone is perfect and keep at it to become better at things.

32. To answer the question what is our plan to achieve our purpose in our life I have no clue. However, my next big life goal is to complete my freshmen year of college. From my school not that many people make it in college and mostly drop out. I want to stand out from that trend and become a successful person. So my plan to achieve this goal is to use as many of the resources that are available here on campus to help be succeed. I would like to reflect on your answer to the second question, the one about excuses. I too always felt I was not good enough for many things. I never tried out for the basketball team back in middle school because everyone said I was too big. I always let others comments get to me not do some things that I could have potentially become really good at.

33. My plan to achieve my next goal is to work towards meeting the requirements to enter health professions while learning more about different health professions so that I can figure out what path within the various health professions resonates with me personally.